Thursday, March 7, 2013

Goddess Series: Selene / Luna



This necklace is inspired by Selene's association to the moon and the ocean.  With silver tone wire I strung seashell pieces together that are black on one side and white on the other, giving the impression of the New Moon and the Full Moon.

Selene (also known in the Roman mythos as Luna) is the Goddess of the Moon, but also has connections with the night, the oceans, and more.  At night, she rose from the ocean and traveled across the night sky in her silver chariot pulled by two white horses.  She's also depicted as riding a horse or bull.  She's often shown wearing flowing robes, carrying a torch, and crowned with the crescent moon.






1 comment:

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    Arya Samaj Mandir Delhi

    ReplyDelete