Monday, January 30, 2012

Follow Up #1: "Problems and Solutions"

"Problem:  Because my items are meant to be worn, I really need to have them modelled."

I spoke with my younger brother's fiance and four work friends and all were happy to be my models.  They would represent my focus customer base very well, I think.  I'm still working out what payment options I will offer, but am leaning towards giving them a choice between:  a) a discount on future jewelry purchases, or b) free items from a selection of jewelry.  I mentioned the possibility of this choice and each seemed more than happy with it (though none expected payment).  I'm very fortunate to have people like them in my life.

"Problem:  Promoting my items and finding more venues."

I spoke with one of my friends (and model-to-be) and she gave me a number of avenues to look into, both in specific festivals/events and locations.  She definitely gave me a lot to look into and said she's willing to offer up more as well as going on hunting expeditions for stores that might be willing to carry my jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment